Thursday, October 4, 2012

{GoGo Quinoa Burgers}

A recipe? From me? I know what you're thinking...I never post recipes. Well now I do, so there! And it's a good one too. 

Two weeks ago I received a generous package from GoGo Quinoa, a wonderful company that sells quinoa products (go figure!) but not your usual products. They do sell regular quinoa but who wants that when you could have quinoa cookies, quinoa pasta, quinoa crunchies, or even chocolate quinoa cereal?

Oh, and they also have gluten-free and vegan products along with tons of recipes too! 

Anyhoo, the company was nice enough to let me pick out some products to try so I picked: Quinoa Burgers, Amaranth and Kanwa Cream, Pink Salt, and Amaranth Puffs! 

Here, I'm going to show you how to make the quinoa burgers because that's what I tried first. 


The ingredients in this are awesome! Take a look...
Ingredients: 
Certified organic ingredients (97.85%): pre-cooked organic quinoa royal grain, organic quinoa royal flakes, organic amaranth flakes, pre-cooked organic quinoa royal flour. Non certified organic Ingredients (2.15%): dehydrated parsley, dehydrated green pepper, dehydrated tomato, dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic, salt, powdered cumin, powdered black pepper, powdered turmeric.
Step #1: Place quinoa mix in a big bowl and add 250mL of water and let sit for 5 minutes. 
Step #2: Form patties from the mix. It should make about 5. I was able to make 6.
Step #3: Heat a skillet on medium heat. I used this coconut oil for mine!
Step #4: Place patties in pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. 
Step #5: All done! Easy right? I ate one for lunch and then froze the rest for later. 
My frozen stash!

I've never tried anything like this before but I must say, they were pretty awesome! 
If you want to poke around the GoGo Quinoa website you can here. They have a lot of different things that would be sweet to try!

Have you ever made quinoa burgers? If so, did you love them like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment