Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{wiaw: chicken meatballs}

Wednesdays are great aren't they? I love them for a couple reasons. I don't have work so I'm not dreading that and I have my cake class so that makes my night fun. Tonight we are learning how to make flowers. So excited!

This week was all about getting back into my routine of good eating and workouts. After this weekend, I couldn't wait to get home. A lot of crappy eating (it felt like it anyway) and rest days make me wanna push even harder when I'm home. I tried not to let it bother me too much because I know this stuff is needed to stay balanced. 

So...

On Monday I made chicken meatballs and felt so proud of myself because they came out absolutely amazing. So amazing that I'm gonna share them with you!

Chicken & Spinach Meatballs



Ingredients: 

1lb ground chicken
1 egg white
1tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 small onion
dash of garlic powder
dash of salt and pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees!


Mix everything together until combined then use an ice cream scoop to get perfect-looking meatballs. Place on a sprayed baking sheet. 

Place in oven and let cook for 20 minutes!


Wah-la! Wonderful meatballs for dinner with corn salsa and a hard boiled egg!

**************************************

Now on to my favorite meals from this week. Thanks Jenn!


My order from GNC arrived on Tuesday and I was so happy...although I guess I thought the pre-workout drink mixes were going to be a bit bigger...oh well. I got a free shaker cup so it's a win!


I finally got grapes and they are actually lasting me more than one day. I guess I have learned how to savor them haha. 


My best lunch yet! Fish with lemon, two meatballs, and steamed broccoli! So good.


Got these in the mail from Only Protein...grass fed and gluten free! YUM. 


Lots and lots of protein shakes! These are by far my favorite meal of the day. I could drink these every single day. 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup almond-coconut milk, water, protein powder, stevia, and topped with chia seeds and then placed in the freezer! 

**************************************

Things I ate that I don't have photos of: lots of zevias, multiple cans of pumpkin used in mug cakes, tons of eggs (I make the best eggs!), and quest peanut butter cups!


********************************************************
And some things I have been loving this week:

Jason Aldean's new album: Night Train


My new workout program.



Hope you have an awesome week!!

/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that awesome recipe girl :)

    Love Jason Aldeans new album!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Chicken meatballs! I just saw another blogger have turkey meatballs and thought: I haven't had any meatballs in forever! Now I have an awesome recipe to go off of. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete