Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WIAW {routines}

It's so funny how I can get so stuck in a routine that the only time I actually realize how stuck I was, is when I leave and go somewhere else for a while. 


I typically eat the same thing every day with some things switched up here and there but when I went to stay with my Mom for a couple of days, all of my original food choices went out the window. 


I did plan ahead and brought some things with me but sometimes I find that it's better to switch it up and eat different things. It helps that my Mom is a health nut like me so I don't have to worry too much about the food she has. 



But that still doesn't mean that I'm always comfortable with everything she eats. I found myself restricting a bit this weekend just based on the fact that I wasn't in my normal routine. 

I don't feel like I messed up or anything because that wouldn't do me any good. I just feel like this is another one of those learning experiences where I can look closer at the things I need to work on. 



Eating away from my comfort zone and within someone else's schedule is one of those things. 



I'm proud of myself for doing what I could and when I go back home, I'll continue to eat my favorite foods and start working on adapting better. 
***************************************
Thanks to Jenn for putting this together every week! Sorry that I never really follow the themes. 
Oh well. 

I hope you are all having a great week!
Lots of LOVE. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmm everything looks amaing, especially your carob yogurt bowl! Thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I love carob. Happy WIAW! Hope you have a great Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete